Friday, January 29, 2010

JC3 Hoodie

My good friend James just turned two.  In honor of such a milestone, I made him a sweater.  As I previously mentioned, it's been unseasonably cold here and I worry about all the Florida natives and their lack of woolly wardrobe options.  My man needs a warm hoodie.


Pattern: Cottage Creations Wonderful Wallaby by Carol Anderson
This is a printed booklet first published in 1984 that is still available in many local yarn stores.  I got my copy at Loop in Philadelphia.

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-ease (wool and acrylic blend)  - machine washable!!!
Worsted weight at 4.5 stitches to the inch
2.5 skeins (approx 500 yards)
Colorway: 180 Forest Green Heather

Needle size: US8

I knew from other people's versions that this pattern runs small.  I ended up making the Age 6 version for my Age 2 recipient.  I wanted to err on the roomy side.  In the end, it fit him perfectly.  It's quite stretchy so hopefully it will last him a few seasons.


As you can probably surmise from these pictures, James is a very active little man.  Sometimes it's hard to get a decent picture of the guy - he's a whirling dervish.  Here's what it looks like when he is furiously waving hello to me - just a blur.



Here's a shot of him playing football.  Hut one, hut two. Hike!


2 comments:

  1. very nice hoodie but very very handsome little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Winnie. I wish I could help take credit for the handsomeness of this fine fellow but it's all his mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete