Monday, February 18, 2008

Stitch n Stretch

In the grand tradition of social knitting (stitch and bitch, felt and belch etc), I give you DC's Inaugural Stitch n Stretch - yogis who knit and knitters who down dog. Who says knitting is the new yoga?

Here's a picture courtesy of Lolly (aka Lauren Weinhold; see her most excellent blog at lollygirl.com)
As it was a holiday weekend, turnout was on the low side. But it was a fun few hours on a lazy-day Sunday. Later, the Yarn Widower asked me about the event, "So...you just sat around and knit?!?!?" Yes, we did. We met at Inspired Yoga in NW DC. There was hot tea, cookies, carob bars and various other goodies. Introductions were made, projects inspected, and knitting-revelations made. (I, for one, had never heard of the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival and now look forward to it with all my yarnie might.) Knitting and light conversation occurred over the span of an hour and a half. Then we cleared our needles and laid down our mats. Lolly and I (aspiring yoga teachers) led a light yoga session that got our blood moving. After savasana, we said our goodbyes and promised to do this again.

Knitting and Yoga - two great tastes that taste great together.

2 comments:

  1. it was such a joy to meet you! i definitely want to get together again. many many thanks for hosting us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to come to the next one. I may have found another local knitter/blogger diva locally as well. I will be checking in with Namaste Knitters on Ravelry for more news~

    ReplyDelete