Monday, December 20, 2010

Palm Beach Gardens Tee

Earlier this year, I made a gift for one lovely little girl named Caden Violet.  I chose a soft lilac colored yarn to highlight her middle name.


Pattern: Spring Garden Tee by Alana Dakos

Yarn: Rowan Calmer (75% cotton; 25% acrylic)
2 skeins (approx 350 yards) for 2 yr old size
colorway: Lucky

Needles: US 7


My only modification was to put a little picot edge around the whole thing.  I was hoping for some modeled pictures but I think she may have already outgrown it.  Kids grow so fast!


For Erin (Caden's mom), I made her a complementary version.  Here are some pictures of me modeling it.




Pattern: Spring Garden Tee for Adults by Alana Dakos

Yarn: Knit Picks Simply Cotton Sport (100% cotton)
4.5 skeins (approx 738 yards)
in colorway Duchess Heather

Needle size: US4



As you may recall, I love this yarn.  It's soft, knits up beautifully and comes in a bunch of beautiful colors. Instead of a picot edge, I did two rows of single crochet on the neckline and bottom hem.  One row for the sleeves.  I liked how it all turned out and hopefully Erin won't grow out of it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment