Friday, May 9, 2008

Plain Grey Socks - not boring



The men in my life like simple, dark knits. Nothing fancy, they warn me. No stripes, no cables, no crazy stuff. Just plain. Some would say boring. But hey, as long as the sock gets worn, I say!

Despite the obvious lack of crazy, these socks took some time. I finished them just last week about 2 months after my brother's birthday. However, the recipient was quite gracious about the whole thing. Although he very kindly reminded me that as it is now May, wool socks are not really appropriate. "And what's the deal with buying socks for me anyway?" Zoinks!

So I, in turn, very graciously told him that they are actually a nice cotton/wool blend and I didn't buy them, I made them. At this, his eyes lit up and he slipped them on his bare feet and proclaimed that they were so comfortable! Needless to say, I was bursting with joy. Nothing like an appreciative audience for my knitting efforts. Makes my little knitterly heart all pitter patter.

Later in the day, we decided to venture outdoors. My brother still had his socks on and was reluctant to take them off. Here he is imitating a German tourist.


3 comments:

  1. ah, there's nothing like an appreciative sock recipient!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sung ji, that is HILARIOUS. the socks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete