Thursday, October 7, 2010

All roads lead to yarn

I was good.  I limited myself to one yarn shop on this trip.

Smoky Mountain Spinnery in Gatlinburg, TN is a quaint shop in a quaint town.  It's crammed full with all sorts of fibery type stuff suited for spinners, weavers and knitters alike.





It's a cheerful, well-lit space with a wide selection of yarn for the knitters,


roving for the spinners,


and looms for the weavers.




On the day I visited, the proprietor was out of town for a family event and the owner of the fly fishing shop next door let me in so I could poke around.  (If you go, the Spinnery and the Angler share the second floor of a building located a few minutes' drive from the main drag in Gatlinburg.  There's plenty of parking which can be at a premium in this touristy town).



A very nice place to while away an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment